Advancements in Instrumentation Webinar Recap
Interface experts recently hosted a conversation about what is changing in the world of instrumentation, as it related to sensor technologies and force measurement. The new event, Advancements in Instrumentation is a continuation of our ForceLeaders Interface Instructional on Instrumentation Event.
The conversation began with a focus on what has changed in the last five years and why instrumentation is such an important topic in T&M.
TRENDS IN ADVANCED INSTRUMENTATION
The number one change in test and measurement that we have identified is the omnipresent use of sensors in things that didn’t use to have sensors. This includes consumer products, home healthcare medical devices, EVs, factory equipment, tools, robotics, just to name a few. With the demands for more feedback, more data, and more required performance monitoring, instrumentation requirements are growing in functionality.
We are getting smarter in our applications and uses cases, which means we need smarter devices to capture all the information to make intelligent decisions in product design, engineering, and manufacturing. We see this with smart factories, smart vehicles, smart agriculture, smart tools, smart medical technologies, these innovations and advancements need more data to make smart decisions, in design, test, build and use.
Other trends we discussed include the infusion of IoT into test and measurement. As we connect more instruments and devices into our networks, it requires advanced instrumentation and changes in what has been used as basic and standard instruments in the past. We also see customization and programmability needs changing and movement towards more digital interfaces. Specifically, during this hour-long discussion we dive into digital outputs, amplifiers, communication protocols and advancements in software options, including a quick MathScript demo. Watch the video here.
TYPES OF INSTRUMENTATION HIGHLIGHTED IN WEBINAR
- Signal Conditioners
- Data Acquisition Systems (DAQ)
- USB Interface Modules
- Wireless and Bluetooth Telemetry Systems
- TEDS Ready
Interface highlighted a series of new instrumentation solutions in great detail. This includes recent releases like our BX8 DAQ Series, Wireless Telemetry System Additions, 9850 Torque and Load Cell Indicator and SI-USB4. We also shared what we are bringing to market this year, including new portable indicators, a DAQ systems designed specifically for torque transducers, advanced multi-channel solutions and new USB indicators for wireless sensors. We also talked about custom instrumentation solutions when you need something designed for a unique use case or OEM application.
Throughout the webinar, instrumentation selection criteria were highlighted to help make the right decisions in pairing your measurement devices to the available instrumentation options. We addressed common questions, do’s and don’ts, and tips that are helpful in evaluating what will work with your project, in your lab or at your factory.
ADVANCEMENTS IN INSTRUMENTATION WEBINAR TOPICS
- Types of Advanced Instrumentation
- Selection Criteria for Advanced Instrumentation
- Recap Digital Versus Analog Options
- What’s New in Wireless + Bluetooth Telemetry Systems
- New Instrumentation Solutions from Interface
- Trends in Test Data Management + Systems
- Applications + Uses Cases
You can watch the entire conversation to learn more.
WHY INTERFACE FOR INSTRUMENTATION
With so many options available, we want to make it easier in choosing the right instrumentation. Here are a few reasons why Interface is a provider of choice when it comes to instrumentation for force measurement.
- Interface is a single point of contact for measurement device and instrumentation
- Interface offers a range of solutions from USB Interface Modules to Multi-Channel and Wireless DAQ Systems
- Interface can partner to design and build complete systems
- Interface has expertise for technical support
- Interface has deep use case experience across all the sensors we offer, from load cells to wireless load pin technologies
- Interface instructional videos, literature, software demonstrations and manuals available online in your Support area of the website
- Interface provides software with our instrumentation
Interface Instructional on Instrumentation Event
Recap of Inventive Multi-Axis and Instrumentation Webinar
Instrumentation Analog Versus Digital Outputs
Instrumentation Options in Test and Measurement