- Fruit Weighing Bike Frame Fatigue Testing Bike Handlebar Fatigue Testing Bike Helmet Impact Test Bike Load Testing Bike Power Pedals Commercial Food Processing Dental Handpiece Torque Check Fitness Equipment and Machines Furniture Fatigue Cycle Testing Gaming Simulation Brake Pedal Golf Ball Tee Golf Club Swing Accuracy Ice Machine Weighing Industrial Robotic Arm Mouse Touch-Pad Force Testing Printer Cartridge Seal Prosthetic Foot Performance Prosthetics Load and Fatigue Testing Self Check Out Kiosk Snack Weighing and Packaging Machine Treadmill Force Measurement Veterinary Weighing Scales Water Bottle Dispensing and Weighing Food and Beverage Conveyor Belt
Consumer Products Overview
Consumer Products Overview
There are a variety of problems to be solved when it comes to product design, testing, and development. It is often what inspires the next generation of a product or revolutionary new idea.
Consumer products are made across all types of industries, from healthcare to automotive. Interface force measurement solutions are used to predict failure and identify design challenges before these goods enter the public domain. It is hard to imagine any consumer product not going through rigorous test and measurement protocols before someone finds it in the marketplace. From testing furniture to ensuring your household appliances are safe and durable, Interface’s sensor measurement technologies have a critical role in a variety of types of testing in the creation and manufacturing of everyday goods.
Interface force measurement solutions are commonplace in R&D labs, design houses, manufacturing environments and even packaging plants for consumer goods. For industrial robotic arms, measurement of force and torque when an arm lifts items, and places them down again is one example of how sensors improve performance in the manufacturing process of final goods. An industrial automation engineer wanted to ensure the robotic arm would operate efficiently and actually improve the packaging process. Interface created a custom solution using our 6A40 6-Axis Load Cell, which was installed at the wrist of the robotic arm. The 6A40 was able to measure all forces and torques (Fx, Fʏ, Fz, Mx, Mʏ, Mz). This load cell was connected to our BX8 8-Channel Data Acquisition System and Amplifier with BlueDAQ Software, where results were displayed, logged, and graphed for monitoring.
Interface remains the leader in load cell and torque transducer accuracy and quality, and we have no plans to change our focus. Interface’s specialty is building solutions for the testing and monitoring of parts and total systems that move and create force is vital to makers and designers of consumer product goods. This is necessary when producing final products and consumer goods across all industries. Our force measurement solutions are ideal for stand-along testing rigs, production equipment, as well as embedded in consumer products to increase operability and reliability for end users.
Consumer Products Applications:
- Sports equipment design
- Regulatory and performance monitoring
- Toys and gaming devices
- Simulation devices testing
- Consumer electronics manufacturing
- Furniture fatigue testing
- Home appliance testing
- Product packaging
- Personal care products
- Food, candy, and snack manufacturing
- OTC products testing
- Capping and bottling machines
- Tablet and pharmaceutical machines
- Smart home devices
- IoT solutions
- Production line testing
- Usability research
- Safety and compliance tracking
- Distribution equipment