Warranty and Repair Policy
- Interface warrants that its products shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the full warranty period under normal and proper use when correctly installed. The warranty period for most load cells is two years and for other products is one year, from date of shipment by Interface.
- Any Interface product, which proves defective in material or in workmanship within the warranty period, will be repaired or replaced free of charge provided that:
- Buyer provides Interface with satisfactory proof of the defect and that the product was properly installed, maintained and operated within the limits of rated and normal usage; and
- Buyer obtains from Interface authorization to return the product; and
- Products claimed to be defective must be returned with transportation charges prepaid, and will be returned to Buyer with transportation charges collect unless the item is found to be defective, in which case, Interface will pay the return transportation charges.
- The remedy set forth herein does not apply to damage to or defects in any product caused by the Buyers misuse or neglect, nor does it apply to any product which has been repaired or disassembled which in the sole judgement of Interface affects the performance of the product.
- Interface makes no warranty concerning components not manufactured by it. However, in the event of the failure of any component or accessory not manufactured by Interface, reasonable assistance will be given to Buyer in obtaining from the respective manufacturer whatever adjustment is reasonable based on the manufacturers own warranty.
- Interface expressly disclaims any liability to its customers, dealers, and representatives, and to users of its products, and to any other person for special or consequential damages of any kind and from any cause whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with the manufacture, sale, handling, repair, maintenance, or replacement arising out of or in any way connected with the use of Interface products.
- Representations and warranties made by any person, including dealers and representatives of Interface, which are inconsistent or in conflict with the terms of this warranty (including but not limited to the limitations of the liability of Interface, as set forth above), shall not be binding upon Interface unless reduce to writing and approve by an officer of Interface, Inc.
THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY SUPERCEDES ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
OBTAINING SERVICE UNDER WARRANTY
Advance authorization is required before any product is returned to Interface. Prior to the return of any product, write or call the Repair Department at Interface advising them of:
- Part number
- Serial number of the defective product
- Technical description of the defect, including specific test data, written observations on the failure, and specific corrective action required
- A no-charge purchase order number (so the product can be returned to sender correctly)
- Shipping and billing addresses
Non-verified problems or defects may be subject to an evaluation charge. Please return the original calibration data with the unit.
All repairs of Interface products are warranted for a period of 90 days from date of shipment. This warranty applies only to those items which were found defective and repaired; it does not apply to products in which no defect was found and returned as is or merely recalibrated. Out of warranty products may not be capable of being returned to the exact original specifications.