When the company started in 1968, the focus was on perfecting the precision load cell. This month we are celebrating our 55-year anniversary, and over these years we have expanded our line from the famous blue and miniature load cells to more than 35,000 products that include instrumentation, calibration systems, torque transducers, multi-axis sensors, load pins, shackles and accessories.
Interface has released several new products in our force measurement solutions line. This update is a highlight of these additions. If you have any questions about these new products, please contact our application engineers.
INTERFACE SUMMER 2023 NEW PRODUCT RELEASES
The JB1100 is the ideal solution for systems that require weight data from a load cell. Interface’s JB1100 4-Channel Advanced Signal Conditioning Transmitter Indicator and Junction Box offers maximum control. The multi-function weight transmitter junction box can be utilized as an independent or dependent four-channel instrument. The JB1100 allows for the direct reading and diagnosis of each individual connected load cell or summed as a whole.
Primary JB1100 features and benefits:
- Four independent scales or four load cell inputs
- LED display (13mm) and six LEDs show active functions
- Configurable calibration and setup
- Calibration using linearization points
- Diagnostic information via serial port
- Analog Output Standard Opto isolated, 16 bit 0-20 mA, 4-20 mA, 0-5 VDC, and 0-10 VDC
- 12-24 VDC Power and comes with a 120VAC Power Supply as well
For more weighing instrumentation and information, visit our new Interface Weighing Solutions.
NEW PRODUCT! 4850 BATTERY POWERED BLUETOOTH WEIGHT INDICATOR
Interface’s 4850 Digital Indicator Instrumentation is environmentally protected and wireless using Bluetooth technology and battery power. The 4850 digital indicator is housed in a stainless steel NEMA 4X enclosure. It has a large 0.8” LCD display for easy readout of up to 50,000 display divisions and can drive up to 8-350Ω load cells. A full duplex RS-232 port or optional Bluetooth module can transmit data on demand or continuously to match the input requirements of a wide variety of peripheral devices including printers, remote displays and computers.
Primary 4850 features and benefits:
- Stainless steel swivel stands and enclosure
- Easy to read LCD display with up to 50,000 graduations
- Full front panel configuration and calibration
- Multipoint calibration linearization
- Units lb, kg, g, and oz
- Drives up to eight 350 ω load cells
- Power requirements are 4-14 VDC with 6-volt 3 Ah internal rechargeable lead acid battery
- High quality and low cost
- Remote display, peak hold, check weighing, accumulation, self-diagnostics
- Option: analog output: 16-bit, 0-5 VDC, 4-20 mA
- Option: built-in relays (6V or 12V)
Interface now offers advanced communication protocol features for our most popular load cells, the 1200 LowProfile and 1201 LowProfile Series. Interface 1200 and 1201 Series IO-Link Load Cell Universal or Compression-Only models are low profile load cells that are IO-Link compatible, which is an open standard serial communication protocol that allows for the bi-directional exchange of data from sensors and devices. IO-Link features with Interface standard products are available by custom solutions request.
Primary 1200 and 1201 Series IO-Link Load Cell for Universal or Compression Only:
- Proprietary Interface temperature compensated strain gages
- Eccentric load compensated
- Low deflection
- Shunt calibration
- Tension and compression
- Compact size
- 3-wire internal amp choice of 4-20 mA, ±5V, ±10V, 0-5V, 0-10V
Available options include bases, custom calibration, multiple bridges, special threads and dual diaphragm. Accessories available are mating connectors, mating cables, instrumentation and loading hardware.
The Interface A4600 WeighCheck™ Load Cells and A4200 WeighCheck Load Cells now have custom signal conditioning features, including IO-Link Digital and 3-Wire Amplified by custom request. The customized A4200 and A4600 3-Wire Amplified Load Cells provide an internally amplified low profile load cell with a voltage or mA signal. This option eliminates the need for an external signal conditioner and comes scaled to the load cell and ready to use. A4200 and A4600 IO-Link Digital Load Cells with an industry standard M12 connector. IO-Link, a communication protocol used in industrial automation applications to connect sensors and actuators to control systems, offers increased flexibility, enhanced diagnostics, simplified wiring, improved efficiency, and lower costs. Read more here.
Primary A4200 and A4600 WeighCheck™ 3-Wire Amplified and IO-Link Digital Load Cells features and benefits:
- Standard A4200 and A4600 capacity ranges from 2.5K to 50K lbf (11.1 to 222 kN)
- High output – 4 mV/V
- Self-centering in all directions
- High safe side load – to 400%
- Standardized output – ±0.1%
- Zinc plated (A4200) or stainless steel (A4600)
- Signal conditioner options
- IO-Link digital option with M12 connector
- 3-Wire amplified with a voltage or mA signal
When you are selecting any of the Interface T8, T11 or T25 Torque Transducers, it is highly recommended to get the couplings that are designed for those specific models. Generic couplings can create issues in accuracy and performance, such as denting the disks or overcoming the frictional locking. There are multiple options for each transducer model in a range of capacities. View all coupling options here.
Primary Torque Coupling Options:
- Floating Mount Single Flex Couplings
- Floating Mount Clamping Ring Single Flex Couplings
- Floating Mount Shrink Disk Single Flex Couplings
- Floating Mount Keyed Single Flex Couplings
- Pedestal Mount Keyed Double Flex Couplings
- Pedestal Mount Double Flex Pedestal Mount Couplings
- Pedestal Mount Clamping Ring Double Flex Couplings
- Pedestal Mount Shrink Disk Double Flex Couplings
Interface’s BX6-BT-OEM is a 6-channel measuring amplifier with Bluetooth connection and data logger functionality in the smallest dimensions. The BX6-BT-OEM has six measurement channels. The first channel is for full-bridge strain gages, channels 2-6 are individually configurable as voltage input (single-ended) or strain gage bridge input including half and quarter bridge configuration. Channel 7 for acquiring digital pulses is available for connecting incremental encoders or as an input for square-wave signals. The measurement data can be recorded on a micro-SD memory card for continuous recording up to 3000 readings per second, long recording intervals with power management and digital input triggered recording. The recorded files can also be downloaded via Bluetooth SPP. A real-time clock creates timestamps the measurement data files. Ideallythe BX6-BT-OEM is paired with Interface’s 6-Axis Multi-Axis Series.
Primary BX6-BT OEM features and benefits:
- 6-channels plus one encoder channel
- 6-Axis Multi-Axis Sensor compatible with internal matrix calculation
- Data logger up to 3,000/s
- Embedded Bluetooth with 400-meter range
- Six strain gage inputs: full bridge, half bridge, and quarter bridge plus bridge completion (1K, 350, 120 ohm)
- Five single ended voltage inputs 0-10 VDC
- 16-bit resolution
- mV/V, VDC, counter, frequency, RPM, and angle inputs
- Internal charging circuit (500 mA)
- BlueDAQ logging and graphing software included
- Digital inputs and outputs (trigger/tare/setpoints)
- data logging features long recording intervals and power management
- Micro-controller with scripting language for creating embedded applications
- Log to SD card and BlueDAQ software
ADDITIONAL PRODUCT RESOURCES
- NEW! Interface Guides
- Interface Catalog
- Interface Product Line Brochures
- Interface Summary Catalog
- Interface Products Overview
- Interface Applications
- Interface Solutions by Industry
- Interface Support Resources
Do you need help in selecting the right products for your upcoming testing programs and projects? We are available to help you choose the best products based on your unique requirements. If you have questions about these new products, capacities, capabilities, or specifications, please contact our application engineers.