Interface was founded by a visionary and entrepreneur, Richard F. Caris, who believed that if you designed and built dependable, quality, and accurate products, you would also build a sustainable company that will last generations.
His passion is what drives Interface today, sustaining his legacy and commitment to design products that revolutionize industries around the world. Interface, now owned by his two daughters, is a women-owned manufacturing and technology company that started in a garage and now is one of Arizona’s most enduring businesses. The company, started in 1968, continues to maintain its headquarters and productions facilities in the heart of Scottsdale, Arizona.
Today, we are the trusted partner and supplier of global test and measurement solutions for testing labs and by makers of robots, rockets, medical devices, airplanes, industrial automation and farming equipment, new energy products, vehicles of all types, along with maritime and entertainment inventions.
Interface’s purpose is simple, we enable innovation that improves people’s lives and keeps them safe.
When it comes to building products that last, we are adamant about control and quality throughout entire process. Every stage, from design engineering, machining, strain gage manufacturing and assembly, our team works to ensure the highest degree of performance possible for everything we manufacture.
It is not uncommon for Interface to get service requests for products that we built decades ago, in fact several decades ago. It is the depiction of what Mr. Caris planned for, and what we continue to strive for every day. Interface is a company that offers products built to last.
Fundamental to Interface, made is the USA has long been a celebrated distinction of Interface’s core offerings, including our LowProfile Load Cells, known as the first precision pancake-styled low profile load cells on the market. In fact, Interface has been engineering force measurement solutions for more than 54 years and has more than 35,000 products to show for it.
Our dedication to our customers around the world to be a total solutions provider in force measurement has driven expansion of our core load cell and torque transducers to include an extensive line of multi-axis sensors, miniature load cells, instrumentation, accessories, custom solutions, OEM products and engineered to order designs.
What makes Interface different? Our core differentiator is precision. We are known for providing high accuracy, innovative solutions, engineering excellence, and quality products that our customers trust.
Additional key differentiators that make Interface a leader:
- Interface is the world’s largest producer of low profile load cells.
- Interface makes our own self-temperature compensated strain gages from our exclusive proprietary alloy.
- Interface load cells are creep tested to the tightest specification in the industry.
- Interface performs more than 100,000 calibrations every year in the world’s largest calibration lab.
- Interface LowProfile™ load cell is moment compensated to minimize sensitivity to extraneous loads.
- Interface’s Gold Standard Calibration System is the industry gold standard’ for test and measurement.
- Interface is the only major load cell company offering a comprehensive system for customers to calibrate their own load cells.
- Interface LowProfile™ load cells are individually calibrated and tested through a series of performance tests before it leaves our facility.
- Interface calibrations are NIST traceable. And our lab has A2LA accreditation for both load cell and torque sensor calibration.
- Interface can modify and customize force measurement solutions, delivering the broadest variety of available options in the industry.
Read more about our full capabilities here.
Learn more about our dedicated team and the Interface story about a company that has long-stood the test of time. Interface is built to last.Interface Company Brochure