The global consumer products market is a multi-billion dollar industry that thrives on innovation and new product development. There are numerous opportunities to utilize sensor-based technologies to test for safe use and monitor product performance.
Interface is a source of quality precision force sensor technologies used throughout the product lifecycle from concept and R&D, through engineering and testing, to manufacturing and eventually consumption. We supply force measurement solutions for use in equipment, machines, tools, and integration into actual products like our miniature load cells to measure performance and use. We even provide products to accurately measure and monitor hardware used in consumer product distribution. Interface load cells and instrumentation help consumer product designers and fabricators drive usability, adoption, production efficiencies, and ensure safety to satisfy the needs of all types of consumers.
In our latest case study, Interface Delivers for Consumer Products, we highlight specific use cases and products that are used by the consumer products industry. Interface offers multitudes of products, from sensors used to measure weight on the production line of a consumer good to regulating how the consumer can use the product by using embedded load cells into the actual product.
Here are a few examples of how our force sensors are used in the consumer products industry:
- Keyboards and buttons: Force sensors can be used to measure the force applied to keys on a keyboard or buttons on electronic devices, such as smartphones or game controllers, to ensure that they have a consistent and satisfying feel for the user.
- Package testing: Force sensors can be used to measure the force applied to packaged consumer goods, such as food and beverage containers, during transportation and handling to ensure that they are not damaged and that their contents are protected.
- Automotive testing: Force sensors can be used to measure the forces applied to various components of a vehicle during crash testing, such as doors and seat belts, to ensure that they meet safety standards and provide adequate protection for the occupants.
- Sports equipment: Force sensors can be used to measure the force applied to sports equipment, such as golf clubs, tennis rackets, and baseball bats, to ensure that they meet performance and safety standards.
- Wearable devices: Force sensors can be used to measure the force applied to wearable devices, such as fitness trackers, to ensure that they are durable and can withstand the wear and tear of daily use.
Our specialty is building force measurement solutions for the testing and monitoring of parts and total systems, which is vital to manufacturers and designers of consumer packaged goods. Accurate measurement is necessary in design, prototyping and producing final consumer products across all industries for performance and safety. These solutions are ideal for consumer product stand-alone testing rigs, production equipment, as well as embedding into products to increase operability and reliability for end users.
Additional consumer products applications utilizing Interface quality measurement solutions include:
- Sports equipment design
- Regulatory and performance monitoring
- Toys and gaming devices
- Simulation devices testing
- Consumer electronics manufacturing
- Furniture fatigue testing
- Home appliance testing
- Product packaging
- Personal care products
- Food, candy, and snack manufacturing
- OTC products testing
- Capping and bottling machines
- Tablet and pharmaceutical machines
- Smart home devices
- IoT solutions
- Production line testing
- Usability research
- Safety and compliance tracking
- Distribution equipment
These are just a few examples of how force sensors are used in the consumer products industry to measure the force applied to a variety of products. The use of force sensors is essential for ensuring that consumer products meet safety and performance standards, and for providing consumers with a high-quality user experience.
To better illustrate and address our solutions designed for consumer products across sectors, we have developed a case study outlining the consumer product testing challenges and technology we offer for these customers.
Interface Delivers for Consumer Products Case Study