What is creating the increasing demands for sensor technologies today? One thing is just using sensors in things, putting sensors into things that didn’t use to utilize sensors. Advancing the use of data in objects, equipment, consumer goods, machines and tools is increasing the needs for advanced and reliable measurement devices. It’s why demand for Interface products used in Internet of Things applications are expanding rapidly.
Sensor data is being used through the entire life cycle of a product design, from early design to testing, through production and even aftermarket sales. The valuable insights that engineers and manufacturers gather from real-time user data and feedback in both test and actual market use is advancing iterations, use cases, and smart application types. Interface is seeing this in the demands for miniature sensors used by OEMs and wireless technologies. The smarter the device, the better the sensor. That is why Interface is a preferred partner when IoT needs accurate information to make smart decisions.
Big data along with advancing IoT communication capabilities is presenting opportunities for manufacturing to use efficient, accurate, and cost-effective sensor solutions designed for making products and machines smarter. Users of IoT solutions and manufacturers of IoT products are using valuable sensory data to constantly measure applied forces, helping with innovation and redesigns. It’s being used for all types of smart devices, industrial automation robots, medical equipment, and even wireless mobile testing labs.
What type of products are being used in IoT?
We are seeing Interface load cells, torque transducers, multi-axis sensors, DAQ and instrumentation systems are designed for all kinds of advanced IoT applications. While many are taking advantage of our expanding line of wireless and Bluetooth load cells and instrumentation, we also see numerous requests for our Mini Load Cells to be designed into the actual product.
Interface has been supplying these sensor technologies for years. To capture some of growing demands miniaturized and wireless sensors, we’ve recently launched a new solutions area on our website, Internet of Things. We explore Industry 4.0 and wireless applications, offer a new Interface IoT Solutions brochure and highlight products that are used for IoT use cases.
Our solutions align with the requirements of IoT and Industry 4.0. You see this in the array of capabilities in our products, including:
- Wireless communications and enabled sensors for real-time collection
- Miniature load cells and sensor technologies for modernization and innovation of product designs
- Robotic sensor solutions for use in autonomous and mounted devices
- OEM designed sensor solutions to use for stability and product intelligence
- Intrinsically safe products used in harsh and changing environments
- Safety and regulatory sensors for constant monitoring
- Bluetooth and wireless telemetry system components used for monitoring and testing
- Stainless steel and rugged designs for different temperatures and climates
- Advanced instrumentation and software for accurate and reliable data capture
- OEM engineered products for high-production counts
Whether you are using Interface measurement products for prototype testing, temperature testing, component and usability studies or small-scale testing machines, we have solutions that make your tests cordless, digital, and using internet speed to capture data.
Recent IoT Applications Using Interface Measurement Solutions
- Smart factory tools and machines
- Wireless testing equipment for labs
- Autonomous vehicle components
- Robots and robotic parts
- Weighing and lifting apparatus
- Safety regulation feedback and sensing devices
- Predictive usability and durability testing
- Fitness and health equipment use
- Touch screen testing
- Home health feedback sensors
To learn more about our products used for IoT applications, contact our application engineering experts.