Interface’s first event of 2023 focuses on a growing line of miniaturized load cells and torque transducers. The presentation by Brian Peters and Justin Walker emphasizes that though the form factor is small for Interface Minis, accuracy and measurement capacities are high.
Through out the event Taking Measure of Miniature Load Cells, Interface product experts detailed specific applications and use cases for miniature force measurement devices. Interface’s Minis are commonly used across all types of industries from medical device testing to embedded sensors in machines to provide real-time system health and performance data.
After inventing the LowProfile load cell more than five and half decades ago, Interface engineers and founder first introduced the miniature s-type load cells in 1974. How does Interface classify a miniature load cell?
- Miniature load cells are engineered for use in applications for light touch, light weight, or for less space.
- Miniature load cells provide exceedingly accurate measurements similar to our full-size load cells with proprietary alloy strain gages.
- Miniature load cells can measure both tension and compression.
- Miniature load cells and torque transducers are available in a wide range of capacities and models.
- Miniature load cells are not just small in physical size, they also have a range to test minimal forces with extremely high accuracy
- Interface defines our trademarked Mini™ Load Cells as anything that isn’t a low profile load cell
The team also covered new products that provide extremely high accuracy measurement in very small envelopes, including our new SuperSC, ConvexBT, the popular WMC and MRT, along with our new Pillow Block Load Cells. They also highlight some of the special options, including wireless and submersible products. Throughout the recorded event, products were introduced to showcase the range and options available for miniature load cells and torque transducers, including:
- Miniature beam load cells
- Miniature load button load cells
- Miniature load washers
- Miniature tension and compression, compression only load cells
- S-type load cells
- Miniature sealed stainless steel load cells
- Column rod end miniature load cells
- Torque transducer miniatures
You can watch the entire event online on the Interface YouTube Channel. You don’t want to miss out on the answers to our most frequently asked questions, like do you can you calibrate a load button or can you make a mini load cell without cables (wireless)? They also give you the details on the smallest measurement capacity for a miniature load cell and the largest measurement capacity for an Interface miniature. Can you imagine a million lbf mini? Tune in to learn more and a special section on do and don’t tips.