INDUSTRIES:Automotive and Vehicle
Customer Need / Challenge
An Automotive Seat Manufacturer was conducting durability testing on their seats. During testing, the customer was consistently overloading and replacing their single-axis load cells. After a thorough inspection, it was discovered that this was due to bending moments that had never been quantified.
An Interface Model 6A68C 6-Axis load cell was installed in their existing test machine. The 6-Axis Sensor was intentionally oversized allowing the customer to measure the unidentified bending moments while preventing any damage to the 6-Axis Sensor. A Model BX8 was used to graph, log, & store the data collected at the sensor.
- The customer was able to identify previously unknown bending moments, permitting them to choose how they would like to proceed with testing.
- Select a more appropriate single-axis load cell capacity, capable of withstanding the entire combined loads; including the bending moment.
- Continue using a 6-Axis Sensor to take measurements.
- Redesign their testing fixture to eliminate bending moment.
- Model 6A68C 6-Axis Load Cell.
- Model BX8- AS Multi-Channel Bridge Amplifier & PC Interface Module with Software.
- Appropriate Cabling.
|HOW IT WORKS|
- The model 6A68C 6-Axis sensor is installed between simulated seated human and the robotic arm.
- The model BX8- AS connected between the 6-Axis Sensor and the customer’s PC Laptop.
- The testing machine repetitively places simulated human in tested seat.
- The 6-Axis sensor measures loads in all six axes (Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My, Mz).
- The sensor’s output is fed to the BX8 and to the PC laptop where it is displayed using the included software.