Harness Durability Testing
Customer Need / Challenge
- Harnesses are often used to strap humans of various weights to safety equipment or sports gear.
- Harness manufacturers must determine load and durability factors for harnesses and their attachment points.
- A drop test apparatus uses an Interface Model 1200 Load Cell attached to a cable and loaded harness.
- The Loaded harness is dropped from a specified height to measure the force generated during sudden stop at maximum cable extension.
- Engineers determine the total force on the harness for various body weights dropped from maximum usage heights to set harness limits.
- Tests can be repeated numerous times to determine fatigue and durability limits.
See how this was accomplished using an Interface Model 1200 Standard Precision LowProfile™ Load Cell attached to a cable and loaded harness, and an INF-USB2 Universal Serial Bus Signle Channel PC Interface Module.
Download the Application Note below.