Interface applications and load cell expert Keith Skidmore was the featured presenter at the latest ForceLeaders Forum hosted event, Load Cell Basics. In his comprehensive presentation, he highlights key subjects including fundamentals of load cell design, sensor specifications, use cases, troubleshooting and valuable performance related topics.
The entire event is now available on the Interface YouTube channel.
In this 60-minute virtual event, Keith highlights commonly asked questions from both new load cell users as well as for advanced engineers and force measurement pros.
What will you learn watching the online Load Cells Basics event?
- Load cell designs and how they work
- Capacities, models and how to choose the right load cell
- Factors that can impact sensor accuracy
- Performance, moment compensation, creep, and eccentric load sensitivity
- Calibration and troubleshooting
- Use Cases and FAQs
The team concluded the event by answering a series of questions from the participants. They addressed advanced technical and set-up questions, as well as frequently asked inquiries about common troubleshooting issues.
- Is the temperature compensation achieved using dummy gauges?
- Does Interface offer or have their own software to read the TEDs?
- Can we assume that all load cells are intrinsically safe for hazardous locations?
- What is the IP protection rating for the electrical connection?
- What is better way to tare load cells, by electronics or mechanical preload?
- Which is the frequency measurement limit and how fast does the load cell respond?
- What are recommended amplifier instrumentation brands?
- What is the most frequent problem when installing a load cell?
- Does the cables and amplifiers affect the results of the load cell calibration?
- For an application to 10 kN (2250 lbf), is it too much to use a 2000 lb load cell or should we use the next higher capacity?
- What is the maximum sampling frequency for strain gage load cells?
WATCH THE EVENT AND Q&A HERE: https://youtu.be/_oHvfAzHMig
If you have additional technical questions or would like to talk about your specific application requirements, contact our Interface Application Engineers here.
Our Interface Load Cell Field Guide is also helpful for troubleshooting and advanced technical support references. You can order here.