Interface is proud to offer a diverse range of force, torque, and weight measurement solutions to the aviation industry.
The quality of our products, including the reliable form factor design, proprietary strain gages, and rugged materials, are built to withstand the rigorous performance standards and environments that aircraft safety demands. It is why Interface is a provider of choice for test and measurement solutions in the aviation industry. Check out our new Aircraft Solutions overview here.
The aircraft and aviation industries are vast and complex with many different sectors. Our products are currently used in commercial, general and military aviation, aviation infrastructure, equipment and systems. In addition to the mechanical component testing, Interface often supplies load cells, torque transducers and instrumentation for use in aviation training, education, research and development.
While aviation systems embody an extensive collection of interconnected components and technologies, this complexity does not lessen the requirements for rigorous sensor-based test and measurement programs for every part. Interface products help to collect critical data on the performance of aircraft components and systems. These aviation systems include aircraft, air traffic control, navigation and communication systems, infrastructure, ground support equipment, airport transport vehicles, aircraft testing labs, and tools.
We work with aeronautical and mechanical engineers who are involved in designing, developing, and maintaining aircraft, propulsion systems, avionics, and air traffic management technologies. Interface load cells and transducers provide accurate and reliable measurements of forces, weights and torques of aviation components and systems.
How does the aviation industry use Interface measurement solutions?
- Aircraft engine manufacturers use our load cells and torque transducers to measure the operating performance within their design limits and for diagnostics and troubleshooting. Read: Aircraft Engine Hoist
- Aviation system developers integrate our sensors into equipment and parts to provide continuous force monitoring and to trigger alarms for maintenance.
- Rotorcraft part makers need to assess the loads and torques on blades and other components to the aircraft is safe to fly and to identify any weaknesses based on accurate measurements. Read:Propeller Testing
- Landing gear experts use our load cells to confirm that the gear can withstand the forces encountered during takeoff, landing, and taxiing. Read: Landing Gear Joint Testing
- Aircraft structures must be strong enough to withstand the forces encountered in flight. Testing is standard for cycle counts, environmental tests and assessment of materials. Interface products are used for assessing structural like wings and fuselages in wind tunnel tests. Read: Interface Solutions for Structural Testing and Aircraft Wing Fatigue App Note
- Flight control systems are using measurement sensors to test and monitor the components used for various controls. Read: Aircraft Yoke Torque Measurement
- In-flight systems and simulators utilize precision measurement devices to provide vital data that monitors aviation and aircraft health. This is important for real-time assessments and for training purposes. It is essential for the long-term growth of the industry to provide the best tools and equipment to learn the values of accurate measurement and how it impacts performance and safety.
Beyond the essential manufacturers of aircraft parts, aviation systems, and equipment, Interface supplies many of the leading aviation testing labs with load cells, load pins, torque transducers, wireless devices and instrumentation. The quality of our products is built to withstand the rigorous performance standards and environments that aircraft safety demands.
Our products are used for static testing, material testing, torque testing, fatigue testing, stress and tension tests, dynamic testing, environmental and wind tunnel testing, structural tests and compression testing. We also supply the aviation industry with measurement solutions for rigging, lifting, weighing and monitoring of equipment in use. Check out our Aircraft Lifting Equipment App Note.
Learn more about our range of solutions in this Airplane Jacking System solution.
The aviation industry is a dynamic and ever-changing industry, and the sectors within it are constantly evolving. New innovations in the aviation require extensive testing and accurate measurement. The aviation industry is a complex and demanding industry, and the development of new technologies requires a rigorous testing process.
The fact that Interface offers an extensive array of force measure devices in different models, capacities, configurations and capabilities helps aviation system suppliers and manufacturers. Our load cells and sensor technologies are used to measure a wide range of factors, such as tensions, weights, forces, and torques. This information can be used to ensure the safety and reliability of aircraft and their components.
With a surplus of options that can meet the specifications of each use case and testing application, Interface is an experience and preferred provider to the aviation industry.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCESAirplane Static Testing Case Study