As a leader in force measurement, Interface is privy to the evolving landscape of test and measurement. These top 10 trends also shape our future. Interface constantly invests in new sensor designs, technology, and tools to support our market-defining, high accuracy, quality products.
Interface offers various standard and custom sensors, instrumentation, technical support, and services for customers across various industries worldwide. The feedback we gather from the market and customers defines our priorities.
Based on the current demands of our products, requests for solution support, and incoming inquiries to our application experts, we compiled some key trends for 2023.
- Miniaturization: Demand for smaller, lighter sensors is increasing across industries, from robotics and drones to medical devices and lifting technologies, and continues to be the top trend in T&M. Interface’s miniature load cells enable precise measurements in compact spaces. There is also a growing use of embedding our Mini sensors into OEM products for real-time feedback, like surgical robots and fitness equipment.
- Multi-Axis Measurements: Analyzing forces in multiple directions is becoming essential for complex testing scenarios. Interface’s Multi-Axis Sensors facilitate comprehensive data collection and a deeper understanding of force interactions.
- Wireless Data Acquisition: Eliminating cables simplifies testing setups and improves data access. Interface’s wireless load cells and data acquisition systems enhance data portability and streamline testing processes. These wireless systems, including sensors like our wireless load pins and tension links, provide immediate system monitoring and maintenance technologies without cables for machines, equipment, components, and consumer products.
- Smart Sensors and IoT Integration: The use of sensors to make smart decisions is rising, from use in smart city projects to automating production. Interface measurement devices with easy connectivity are revolutionizing test and measurement. Interface’s sensors with digital outputs and compatibility with IoT products enable real-time data analysis, remote monitoring, and predictive maintenance.
- Material Characterization: Interface’s force measurement solutions are increasingly used to characterize the mechanical properties of materials, crucial for optimizing product design and performance in industries like aerospace, automotive, and construction. Material testing is also used in circular economy applications, using old materials for new inventions.
- Testing in Harsh Environments: Interface’s rugged and environmentally sealed sensors are finding more applications in extreme conditions, from subsea exploration to high-temperature testing. These ATEX, submersible, high-temp, and stainless steel products allow testing in critical real-world scenarios.
- Complex Measurement Analysis: Advanced software tools and data analysis platforms are essential for effectively interpreting and utilizing force measurement data. Interface provides software packages such as our Log100 and BlueDAQ Software to facilitate deeper insights and decision-making.
- Efficiency and Cost Optimization: Test and measurement processes are refined for efficiency and cost savings in product designs, building new products, and retrofitting existing machinery and equipment. Interface’s solutions contribute by facilitating faster setup, accurate data collection, and improved product quality, leading to reduced testing costs and faster time to market.
- R&D Driving Sustainability and Efficiency: Interface has seen an increase in customers using our sensor technologies for products and processes that positively impact the environment. This includes using Interface sensors for applications that include recycling and waste management, restructuring infrastructure, renewable energy production, electric vehicles, and battery development. Interface devices are commonly used in designing long-lasting, low-maintenance consumer products.
- Advancing Possibilities in Measurement with Customized Solutions: The need for customized force measurement solutions with diverse industry applications is growing. Interface’s engineering expertise and wide range of products allow it to cater to specific testing requirements and develop bespoke solutions. This includes engineered-to-order load cells, transducers, and complete system configurations like Interface Data AQ Packs.
These are just some of the trends we are observing in 2023. These trends are in addition to priority of providing industry-leading technical expertise and application support to help every customer.
With our commitment to collaboration, innovation, and accuracy, we are well-positioned to work with you as we shape the future of force measurement and contribute to the advancements in various testing and measurement projects across industries.
Interface looks forward to helping you with your inventions, research, testing, and product designs requiring precision measurement technologies in the coming year. Let’s continue the journey together.