Maritime Measurement Solutions for Onshore and Submersible Applications
Maritime test and measurement applications are some of the most unique because they require specially designed equipment that can handle the often-harsh environments in testing and during ongoing operational use.
The solutions for the maritime industry require technologies that measure force, torque, and weight under extreme and uncommon conditions. Interface provides products that have been used for withstanding the rigorous requirements of monitoring underwater tension lines, seaborne components and material testing, boat and ship engine testing, equipment durability and safety regulation monitoring, lift capacity measurements, energy extraction equipment, and storm and tsunami monitoring.
We have been a long-time supplier of sensor technologies and instrumentation that are applied in building and maintaining boats, yachts, and other water vessels of all sizes. Our force measurement solutions are used for waterborne vessels, maintenance, safety equipment, and offshore products. You can learn more in our maritime case study here.
Interface offers a wide variety of submersible and wireless load cells, DAQ and instrumentation products, and rugged load shackles, load pins and tension links. Maritime manufacturers and field users rely on these quality products as they are designed for test and measurement requirements onshore, near-shore, and completely undersea.
Interface Maritime Capabilities and Solutions:
- Stainless steel and rugged load cell designs for different temperatures and climates
- Environmentally sealed products used in harsh environments
- Wireless telemetry system components
- Custom solutions based on safety and regulatory specifications
- OEM engineered products for submersible use cases
- Bluetooth and Wireless data acquisition and instrumentation for safety monitoring
- Load pins and load shackles for continuous hoist and lifting applications
Included below are a few examples of applications our products are used for testing, force measurement, performance monitoring, regulatory and equipment maintenance:
- Weight and tension monitor
- Motor and engine testing
- Submersible equipment tests
- Commercial fishing wire rope testing
- Hydrofoil testing in wave tank
- Crane block safety check
- Mooring tension testing and quick release hooks (QRH)
- Crane capacity verification and force regulation
- WTS yacht rigging inspection
- Defense submergible tests
Interface understands that the maritime industry has high standards and requirements force and torque testing, measurement, and weighing. Accuracy in testing is absolutely critical. Interface’s quality measurement solutions provide accurate data needed for all types of maritime equipment used to ensure safety and success. Our Interface expert engineers can help you design customizable solutions for all types of applications using our products designed for offshore, underwater, and splash zone locations.
This is just a preview of our capabilities in the maritime industry. To learn more, check out our maritime solutions. We also recently developed a new maritime solutions brochure, which provides in-depth information on our submersible product offerings, as well as other ruggedized products for maritime applications.Maritime-Brochure