INDUSTRIES: Industrial Automation
Customer Need / Challenge
A manufacturer of a robot arm needs to measure force and torque when the arm picks up and places objects.
Interface supplied Model 6A40A 6-Axis Load Cell with Model BX8-HD44 Data Acquisition/Amplifier.
The 6A40-6 Axis Load Cell was able to measure all forces and torques (Fx, Fʏ, Fz, Mx, Mʏ, Mz) and the BXB-HD44 Data Acquisition/Amplifier was able to log, display, and graph these measurements while sending scaled analog output signals for these axes to the robot’s control system
- 6A40 6-Axis Load Cell.
- BX8- Data Acquisition/Amplifier with includes BlueDAQ configuration, logging, display and graphing software.
- Customer’s robotic arm and control system.
|HOW IT WORKS|
- Customer installed 6A40 6-Axis Load Cell between robot flange and robot grabber.
- 6A40 6-Axis Load Cell was connected to BX8-HD44 Data Acquisition/Amplifier.
- Customer connected analog outputs to their control system.
- Result, customer is now able to measure forces and torques in 6 axes and send a scaled analog output signal to their robotic arm control system.