INDUSTRIES: INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION / TEST AND MEASUREMENT
Customer Need / Challenge
A testing laboratory was looking to replace two single axis load cells used in their friction testing machine with one sensor that could measure force on the x, y, and z axis simultaneously.
An Interface Model 3A60 3-Axis load cell was installed on their existing machine with an Interface BSC4D hooked directly to a PC laptop to monitor and log the data in real time.
The testing laboratory was able to simplify their sensor set-up and improve their data collection, creating more value for their end customer.
- Model 3A60 3-Axis Load Cell
- Model BSC4-USB Multi-Channel PC Interface Module which includes BlueDAQ – display, graphing, and logging software
- Appropriate cabling
Additional Features Available
- Friction Testing Machine
- PC Laptop
- Testing Specimen
|HOW IT WORKS|
- The 3-Axis load cell is installed between the arm of the friction testing machine and the test specimen.
- The BSC4 is installed between the 3-Axis load cell and the PC laptop.
- Weights are placed on the top of the arm to create a down force.
- The machine arm drags the test specimen across the material resting on the bed.
- The 3-Axis load cell measures the forward/back force (x), side to side force (y) and down force (z) being applied to the test specimen.
- The sensor’s output is fed to the BSC4 and to the PC laptop where it is displayed using the included software.