INDUSTRIES: Industrial Automation
Customer Need / Challenge
- Customer would like to monitor seismic activity that occurs to a bridge by using force sensors and then continuously monitoring bridge forces before, during and after earthquakes occur. Customer would prefer a wireless solution so they would not need to run long cables on the bridge.
- Using Interface Inc. LP Load Pin custom made to fit their needs along Interface Inc. WTS Wireless Telemetry System continuous force monitoring was able to take place without long cables.
- Customer was able to monitor continuous loads, log information to the cloud and review information.
- LP Load Pin.
- WTS-AM-1E Acquisition Module.
- WTS-BS-4 Industrial Base Station.
- Customer’s Data Acquisition System.
- PC computer with supplied WTS Software.
- Solar Panel.
|HOW IT WORKS|
- LP Load Pins and the WTS-AM-1E Acquisition Module are installed onto the bridge. The WTS-AM-1E Acquisition Module is installed in a way that will be a clear line of site.
- WTS-BS-4 Industrial Base Station is connected to the PC computer and installed up to 800 meters of the WTS-AM-1E Acquisition Module.
- WTS-AM-1E Acquisition Module and Laptop Computer are also connected to a Solar Panel Backup System to ensure continuous operation during power outages.
- Force is measured by Load Pins and the measurements are transmitted to the WTS-AM-1E Acquisition Module to the WTS-BS-4 Industrial Base Station.
- The WTS-BS-4 Industrial Base Station receives these measurements and then the data is logged onto the laptop computer. The laptop computer transmits the logged data to the cloud via mobile hot spot.