INDUSTRIES: INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION
Customer Need / Challenge
Customer would like to monitor the seismic activity that occurs to a bridge by using force sensors and then continuously monitoring bridge forces before, during and after earthquakes occur. Customer would prefer a wireless solution so they would not need to run long cables on the bridge.
Using Interface Inc. Model LP Load Pin custom made to their needs along with Interface Inc. Model WTS Wireless Telemetry System continuous force monitoring was able to take place without long cables.
Customer was able to monitor continuous loads, log information to the cloud and review information.
- Model LP Load Pin
- Model WTS-AM-1 Acquisition Module
- Model WTS-BS-4 Industrial Base Station
- Interface Inc. Log 100 Graphing, Logging and Display Software
- Solar Power Backup Option
- Model LP Load Pin with Internal Amplifier
- Wired Solution
- Customer’s Data Acquisition System
- Rugged Laptop Computer with External Antenna
- Cloud Application for continuous data storage
|HOW IT WORKS|
- Model LP Load Pins (which are scaled to Model WTS-AM-1 Acquisition Modules) and WTS-AM-1 Acquisition Modules are installed onto the bridge. The WTS-AM-1 Modules are installed in a way so that there will be a clear line of sight (preferred location is under the bridge structure).
- Model WTS-BS-4 Industrial Base Station is connected to the PC Computer and installed within 800 meters of the WTS-AM-1 Acquisition Modules.
- Model WTS-AM-1 Acquisition Modules and Laptop Computer are also connected to a Solar Panel Backup System to ensure continuous operation during power outages.
- Force is measured by Model LP Load Pins and then measurements are transmitted from the WTS-AM-1 Acquisition Modules to the WTS-BS-4 Base Station.
- The WTS-BS-4 Industrial Base Station receives these measurements and then the data is logged onto the laptop computer. The laptop computer transmits the logged data to the cloud via a mobile hotspot.