Customer Need / Challenge
- Customer wants to improve the performance of a windmill by adjusting the blade pitch and measuring the torque generated as power ramps are studied.
- Interface Model T2 is coupled between windmill blade propeller and electric generator. Information will be sent to customer’s Data Acquisition System (DAQ).
- Customer was able to use torque data to determine the optimal blade pitch for the windmill. The windmill will generate more power and with less stress on the bearings.
- Model T2 Ultra Precision Rotary Torque Transducer
- Interface Shaft Style Torque Transducer Couplings.
|HOW IT WORKS|
- Model T2 Torque Transducer is installed between windmill propeller and electric generator using Interface torque couplings.
- Model T2 is connected customer’s DAQ.
- Tests are performed and torque data is logged into customer’s DAQ.
- Results are examined by customer and optimal blade pitch is determined.