Customer Need / Challenge
- A major aerospace company was developing a new airplane and needed to test their scaled model for aerodynamics in a wind tunnel, by measuring loads created by lift and drag.
- A Model 6A154 6-Axis Load Cell was mounted in the floor of the wind tunnel, and connected to the scaled model by a “stalk”. A Model BX8-AS was connected to the sensor to collect data.
- The company analyzed the collected data and made the necessary adjustments in their design to improve the aerodynamics of their theoretical airplane models.a
- 6A154 6-Axis Load Cell.
- BX8-AS Multi-Channel Data Acquisition/ Amplifier.
- BlueDAQ Software.
|HOW IT WORKS|
- The wind tunnel blew air over the scaled model creating lift and drag, which was measured and compared to the theoretical airplane models.
- The output of the 6-Axis sensor was connected to the BX8-AS Amplifier, which was connected via USB cable to the PC.
- Software in the PC converted raw data signals to actual force and torque values at the “stalk”.
- The customer analyzed the data and made the needed corrections to improve the aerodynamics of their theoretical airplane models.