INDUSTRIES: AEROSPACE / AUTOMOTIVE AND VEHICLE / ENERGY / INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION / TEST AND MEASUREMENT
Customer Need / Challenge
Overtightening bolts during installation can cause damage to the objects being installed.
Using Interface Model LW or LWCF Load Washers along with Interface Instrumentation can provide a solution that monitors the force being applied during bolt tightening.
Bolts are tightened to the correct force targets and objects are installed undamaged.
- Model LW or LWCF Load Washers
- Model INF-USB2 PC Interface Module
- Model 9860 TEDS High Speed Digital Indicator
- Model 9320 Battery Powered Hand Held Indicator
- Model DMA Din Rail Mount Signal Conditioner
- Add Mating Connector to Load Cell Cable
- Setup and Scaling of Instrument
- Spherical & Flat Washers if needed (customer supplied)
|HOW IT WORKS|
- Model LW or LWCF Load Washer is installed bet ween the bolt head and nut. The load washer will measure the load as torque is applied to the nut.
- Using Model INF-USB2 PC Module, force readings from the load cell will be displayed, logged and graphed directly into the PC.
- Using Model 9860 TEDS High Speed Digital Indicator, force readings can display in a local indicator, provides 4 limit setpoints and can log data on a PC as well.
- Using Model 9320 Battery Powered Hand Held Indicator, force readings can be read directly on the indicator and can be performed in the field under battery power.
- Using Model DMA Din Rail Mount Signal Conditioner, force readings can be converted to a ±5VDC, ±10VDC or 4-20mA Outputs for use with customer’s PLC and Data Acquisition System.