INDUSTRIES: Medical and Healthcare
Customer Need / Challenge
A medical device manufacturer was developing a new design for an artificial hip joint, and needed to validate load consistency, and the durability of their design.
A Model 6A40B 6-Axis Load Cell was mounted to the manufacturer’s test machine, where loads were applied to simulate actual use. A Model BX8 was connected to the sensor to collect data.
After analyzing the data the manufacturer was able to improve the durability of their design.
- Model 6A40B 6-Axis Load Cell.
- BX8- AS Multi-Channel Bridge Amplifier with BlueDAQ Software.
- Customer PC for data logging and analysis.
|HOW IT WORKS|
- A test profile was set and the loads monitored and fed back into the test machine to control the loads.
- The output of the 6-Axis sensor was connected to the Model BX8 Data Acquisition Amplifier which was connected via USB cable to the PC.
- The customer analyzed the data and made the required design modifications to improve the durability of the artificial hip joint.