Interface provides a wide range of force and torque transducers for the automotive industry.
We supply force sensors directly to automotive OEMs as well as to Tier 1 component vendors and Tier 2 & Tier 3 machine designers, who use Interface force sensors to improve their products and processes.
Interface tests every Low Profile™ load sensor for accuracy and temperature specifications, and moment compensates each unit to minimize sensitivity to extraneous loads. Using eight proprietary strain gages per sensor, our 4mV/V output well exceeds the accepted standards for general load cell performance. Our calibration Gold Standard™ and Platinum Standard™ load cell families are used to test most other brands of force sensors.
Interface has been supplying high quality, precision load cells to the automotive industry since 1968, including custom one-off sensors and special application-specific designs. Standard off-the-shelf models such as our 2400 series , our 3200 series Stainless Steel Low Profile™ Load Cells or our WMC Miniature Load Cell family are popular with machine builders and used anywhere a rugged stainless steel load cell is required. Research and development facilities with precision applications favor our 1200 Series Low Profile Load Cells with their special moment compensated design.
A moment compensated Interface load cell has as much as 1,000 times less error from side load or moment as our competitor's products. And many of our sensors feature 10x mechanical overload protection, which helps protect against unintended loads.
A few examples of load cell and torque sensor automotive applications.
- Hydraulic actuators
- Engine dynamometer
- Race suspension Tuning & Adjustment
- Precision Car Weight and Distribution
- In-motion rail weigh
- Engine head bolt tightening
- Building a championship race car
- Fuel pump optimization and fuel flow
- Brake and Clutch Pedal Testing
- Seat testing
- Engine supercharger power consumption
- Motor test stand
- Reduced gravity simulation
- Fatigue testing
- Auto Components
- Steering torque measurement
- Drive train and Differential
- Transmission gear box and Gear mesh
- Gas tank assembly
- Center of gravity
- Assembly machines
- Bearing press and Press to fit
- Durability testing, Tire Testing and Shock Absorber testing
- Component testing, Door Fatigue Testing and Spring testing
- Coil Spring, Valve Spring and Suspension Testing
- Crash test
- Bushing qualification
- Window safety compliance
- Wet sanding force monitoring
Need accurate readings?
At Interface, our highly experienced repair technicians are here to help you.