Repair & Calibration
Why recalibrate your load cell OR torque transducer if you can’t trust the results? Most independant labs cannot meet Interface accuracy. Typically they have one crude system to do all capacities and consequently do a poor job.
INTERFACE’S CALIBRATION PROMISE:
- WE RECALIBRATE ANY AND ALL BRANDS.
- WE HAVE THE MOST ACCURATE CALIBRATION IN THE INDUSTRY.
- WE GUARANTEE 3 TO 5 DAY TURNAROUND.
Interface, the world leader in the manufacture of high accuracy load cells, force sensors, and torque transducers, provides calibration, recalibration, and repair service for all of our products. Force calibration on strain-gage type transducers, amplified transducers, and force measurement systems is routinely performed on devices from most other manufacturers as well. We do system calibrations of most load cell brands in combination with most digital indicators or signal conditioners.
Interface can calibrate force sensor capacities from a fraction of a pound up to 1,000,000 pounds in tension or compression. Universal calibrations (tension and compression) are normally performed with a single setup, providing best repeatability results with fast turnaround time. NIST traceable dead weights and reference force standards guarantee low uncertainty.
Turnaround is typically 5 working days. Expedited service is available.
Interface will custom configure calibrations as needed. Five force points ascending and one point descending is standard. Options include extra force points, special shunt calibrations, and conformance to industry procedures such as ASTM E74, ANSI/NCSL Z540, EN10002-3, and ISO 376.
ASTM E74 Standard Practice of Calibration of Force-Measuring Instruments for Verifying the Force Indication of Testing Machines is commonly used in force calibration in many industries in addition to materials testing. It features 3 calibration runs each with 10 points and load string rotation between runs. Data is curve fitted and plotted and uncertainty is computed.
Our calibration certificates are the most complete in the industry. Certificate information includes tabulated measurement variables data, zero balance, bridge input/output resistance, computed nonlinearity and hysteresis, and traceability statements. Force and torque calibration at Interface is A2LA Accredited per ISO/IEC 17025. An accredited certification is offered at a nominal charge.
If an initial evaluation reveals that a transducer requires repair before a reliable calibration can be made, Interface will advise the owner before work is done. Interface repairs all Interface products as requested.
Why Use Interface?
- 50 grams to 1 million lbf - for load cells
- 1 in-lb to 100,000 in-lb - for torque transducers
- Nine hydraulic systems
- Six deadweight systems
- Ten dedicated technicians
- Fixtures for all manufacturers' cells
- Three torque calibration systems
- Hydraulic systems use a reversing actuator to apply tension and compression in the same setup
- Custom calibration
- Direct traceability to NIST
- Only NIST certified Gold Standard™ Load Cells used as reference standards
- Interface Gold Standard Calibration Software used for data collection & analysis
- Test data permanently archived
- Systems calibrations with any combination of load cells/instrumentation
- Industry's most complete calibration certificate
- Quick turnaround -- consistent 3 to 5 day turnaround (2-day expedited service available)
- Load Cells
- Load Pins
- Rotary Torque Transducers
- Reaction Torque Transducers
- Crane Scales
- Rod End Cells
- Tension Links
The facilities and procedures are subject to and are under continuous audit by these government agencies and industrial organizations.
- A2LA Accredited Certificate including Load Cells & Rotary Sensors
- ISO GUIDE 17025 - Competence of calibration and testing laboratories.
- ANSI/NCSL Z540-1
- ISO 10012-1
- E74 Calibrations
- Class AA Calibrations
- NUPIC - Nuclear Procurement Listed
- Dependable 3 to 5 day turnaround for repair services (includes calibration)
- Connector replacement on any manufacturers' load cell (if available)
- Highly trained and experienced repair technicians
- Complete load cell evaluation prior to repair and calibration free of charge