Interface provides more load cells for the structural testing of aircraft than any other company. When the world's most respected aerospace companies need to perform static and fatigue tests on their products, they use Interface load cells.
Interface tests every Low Profile™ load sensor for accuracy and temperature specifications, and moment compensates each unit to minimize sensitivity to extraneous loads. Using eight proprietary strain gages per sensor, our 4mV/V output well exceeds the goals for other load cell performance. Our calibration Gold Standard™ and Platinum Standard™ load cell families are used in testing most other brands of force sensors.
The Low Profile™ Load Cells are offered in single, dual, and triple bridge configurations for different data acquisition/control requirements. Our 1200 series load cells are used for static testing while the 1000 series load cells are designed for fatigue testing, up to 100,000,000 fully reversed cycles. The 1700 series flange load cells are widely used in Europe where there is a desire to bolt the load cell directly to the actuator bolt circle.
Aerospace companies such as Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed, Northrop, Bombardier, Embraer, Gulfstream, and Cessna have depended on Interface load cells for years for static and fatigue testing. While structural test applications utilize many types of Low Profile load cells, Interface offers a wide variety of Load Washers, Load Buttons and Miniature Tension & Compression Load Cells for test, production and control monitoring applications. Interface also offers a variety of Gold Standard™ and Platinum Standard™ Calibration Grade Load Cells to support aerospace calibration applications.
The following are just a few examples of force sensor aerospace applications.
- Fatigue testing
- Fuselage Assembly
- Structural testing on rockets
- Wing fatigue testing
- Static structural testing
- Sample and material tests
- Landing gear drop tests
- Landing gear shear pin tests
- Tire Tests
- Jet engine thrust stands
- Aviation and Defense solutions
- Rocket engine thrust stands
- Load cell and calibration system equipment
- Production positioning equipment monitoring
- Space station docking simulator
- Spacecraft solutions
- Yoke control monitoring, yoke feedback, yoke return
- Brake testing & on board force feedback
- Autopilot control and load verification
- Wind tunnel force vectors, balance characterization
- Aircraft assembly riveting equipment
Need accurate readings?
At Interface, our highly experienced repair technicians are here to help you.